Which states in Brazil offer scuba diving?
Brazil has 26 states, of these only 12 have coastile, extending for more than 8,000 kilometers.
Many of the locations are difficult to reach and akin to an expedition. The scuba sites that we present here are those best know to brazilian divers and generally visited by dive operators.
The states of Brazil that offer scuba diving are:
- Rio Grande do Norte: diving occurs at Natal city and Maracajaú, a small village also known as “The great coral barrier reef of Brazil.”
- Paraíba: diving occurs at João Pessoa.
- Pernambuco: offers as highlights Fernando de Noronha Island, Recife (22 sunken vessels), Porto de Galinhas
- Bahia: Abrolhos (first national marine park created in brazil), Chapada Diamantina (caves and caverns), Salvador city.
- Alagoas: Best places are Maragogi beach and Maceió city
- Espírito Santo: Guarapari Beach
- São Paulo: Ubatuba, Ilhabela, Montão do Trigo Island, Laje de Santos and Calhaus
- Rio de Janeiro: Búzios, Cabo Frio, Arraial do Cabo, Rio de Janeiro, Angra dos Reis, Paraty
- Santa Catarina: Bombinhas/Florianópolis
- Mato Grosso do Sul: Bonito / Jardim (fresh water rivers and underwater caves)